A successful meal plan for losing weight incorporates a good diet and exercise. So, here is a 1200-calorie meal plan, for 7 days. Enjoy it!
Meal Plan – Day 1
- 3/4 cup bran flakes, 1 cup fat-free milk, and 1 banana
- A sandwich made of 3 ounces turkey breast, 1 whole wheat pita, 1/2 roasted pepper, mustard, 1 tsp. light mayonnaise and some lettuce
- 1 mozzarella string cheese
- 2 kiwis
- 4 ounces broiled flounder or sole
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 2 plum tomatoes (sliced), sprinkled with 2 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese broiled until golden
- 1 fat-free pudding cup
Meal Plan – Day 2
- Smoothie: 1/2 banana, 1 cup frozen berries, and 8 ounces fat-free milk.
- 1/2 English muffin with 1 tsp. light margarine
- 1 vegetable burger with a whole wheat pita with salsa and lettuce
- 6 ounces of light yogurt
- 1 cup vegetable soup
- 15 grapes
- 1/2 cup baked beans
- BBQ chicken: 4 ounces of the boneless, skinless breast with barbecue sauce and grill.
- 3 small boiled red potatoes with 1 tsp. light margarine and dill
Meal Plan – Day 3
- Oatmeal: cook 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats with 3/4 cup fat-free milk; 1/2 apple, 1 teaspoon honey, and cinnamon
- Chicken salad: 4 ounces skinless roast chicken breast with 1/4 cup sliced red grapes, 1 tbsp. light mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. slivered almonds, and 1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream.
- 1 banana
- 1 baked potato with 3 tbsps. salsa and 1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 3 cups steamed spinach
- 4 ounces steamed shrimp
- 1 low-fat frozen fudge bar
Meal Plan – Day 4
- 6 ounces light yogurt with 1 tbsp. slivered almonds
- 1/2 toasted English muffin with 1/2 apple (sliced) and 1 ounce shredded reduced-fat cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds
- Sandwich: 1 wheat pita, 3 ounces thinly sliced roast beef, tomato slices, mustard, 1 tsp. horseradish, and lettuce.
- cup of raw vegetables
- 1 cup tomato soup
- and 1 pear
- 3 ounces poached salmon
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- Slaw: 1 1/4 cups coleslaw mix and 2 green onions with 2 tbsps. fat-free dressing
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks in juice
Meal Plan – Day 5
- 1 cup Cheerios, 1/2 cup berries, 1 tbsp. slivered almonds, 8 ounces fat-free milk
- Quesadilla: 1/4 cup beans with 1 whole wheat tortilla. Top with 1 ounce shredded reduced-fat cheese. Add salsa and another tortilla; microwave for 45 seconds.
- Cucumber spears
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of tangerine
- 3 ounces roasted pork tenderloin
- A cup of baked acorn squash (mashed) with cinnamon
- 2 to 3 cups salad greens with 2 tbsps. fat-free dressing
- half cup vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt with 1 cup of berries
Meal Plan – Day 6
- 8 ounces of fat-free milk
- 1 toasted waffle, with 1 tbsp. peanut butter and 1/2 banana (sliced)
- Tuna pita: 2 ounces water-packed light tuna, 1 pita, mustard, 1 tbsp. light mayonnaise, cucumber, and onion slices
- 10 baby carrots
- 6 ounces light yogurt with 1/2 banana
- Jambalaya: 2 ounces cooked turkey sausage (sliced), 3/4 cup cooked brown rice; 1/2 cup corn; 1/3 cup salsa; and 1/4 cup canned kidney beans. Heat through.
- 3 cups spinach (steamed)
- 1 apple
Meal Plan – Day 7
- 1/2 toasted English muffin with 1-ounce reduced-fat cheese (sliced); 1/2 cup steamed spinach, 1 tomato slice; and 1 poached egg
- 1 grapefruit
- Black bean salad: 1/2 cup canned black beans, 1/2 cup mandarin orange sections, red onion, chopped red bell peppers, and scallions with 1 tsp. vinegar.
- 1 whole-wheat pita
- 1 pear
- 3 ounces broiled flank steak
- 1 cup steamed zucchini
- 1 baked sweet potato with 1 tsp. light margarine
- half cup pineapple chunks in juice
So, this is our 1200 Calorie meal plan and we hope that it will be useful for you.